Questions You Must Ask When Setting a BHAG!
When Was the last time you set a BHAG? A Big Hairy Audacious Goal? This is the kind of goal scares you because achieving it would exceed your wildest dreams and propel you further than you’ve been before. This is the kind of goal that gets you out of your comfort zone! So how can you tame those fears and be truly courageous? Write down that BHAG – Tell others about the BHAG – and Ask the following Questions:
- What is the biggest thing that could really move the needle on your business in the next month (if you really did it!)?
- What steps could you take to achieving this BHAG (things are always easier when broken down into actionable steps)?
- How will you know you were successful? What will success look like? How will you measure your success?
- On a scale of 1-10 how committed are you to doing whatever it takes to achieve this goal?
- What obstacles will you have to overcome to get this BHAG done?
- For each obstacle you thought of – What must you do to eliminate that obstacle?
- Put a deadline on completing your BHAG based on the steps it will take you to eliminate the obstacles and based on the actionable steps from question number 2?
- Who can you get to help you with this goal, to support you, to hold you accountable (hint: a coach is really good at this)?
Now…. commit to taking the first step – Comment below about your BHAG, and what that first step is!